10/18/2006

Did I say Cold?

I went out in my basketball shorts this AM to get the paper. To say I was under dressed is an understatement. It was near thirty degrees with at least a 20 MPH wind. I can't imagine what the wind chill factor is. Three cups of coffee later and I'm still cold. That wind started in Northern Canada and swiftly move to Kansas. There isn't anything between here and there but a few barb wire fences.
Barb made the observation that yesterday's post was nearer to her ideal blog. She said that people with a real life don't have time to read three pages of drivel. My work drivel? OK, guilty.
I have been reading several other blogs and there are several things I have come to hate. Bare, bear, beer (Pick One) with me for a few rants. Black backgrounds with off color print is a horror for old eyes. There is also an itty bitty font size that I can't read. Pictures are a plus but I don't understand people taking their own pictures with goofy looks. Especially with the addition of alcohol impairment. (That could stem from my own sobriety and an aversion to drunks) Why would you type He, he, he, he... adnauseum? I think a normal reader can tell when you have amused yourself. Did I mention those little silly smiley faces and dumb things that move? What ever happened to real communication without animation?
I am only a few days from having Dr Baraban go back in and do the deep tissue biopsy. I have high hopes that there is nothing to worry about but it is a little like a minor tooth ache that you don't know if it is a minor cavity to fill or if the tooth needs pulled. Either way if there are a few days early next week that I don't post, don't worry. I'll let you know as soon as I know. MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment