10/02/2006

Funny Story

Yesterday when Mom called, I told her how to turn on the TV until I could get over and figure out what was wrong. I told her I needed to go shopping and she said she had a list also. I went over and got the list and looked at the remote. It worked like a champ. On off, Up and down the channels and sound. I handed it back to her and she aimed it at the TV and nothing. She was holding it backwards. When she refuses to wear her glasses it is a hoot.
I got her groceries home and was careful to pre-open everything. She can't open jars or cans with lids. She can't even open the lids on her favorite drink, the green tea.
I went home satisfied that she was OK for a day or two and got a call that the pharmacist had failed to put a normal lid on her new medicine. I'll have to stop over and change the lid to keep her happy. It is a hoot to visit her but
sometimes I wonder if it isn't a trick just to get me over. Oh well. We will all be old someday, I hope.