10/01/2006

I am so mad at politicians!

Where does one party get off calling the other party bad names over the sins of one person. Does the Democratic party have such a short memory that the name Barny Frank doesn't even register. Don't get me wrong, I hate pedophiles about at the top of my list of things to hate but I hate people that lie about who they are more. Don't get me wrong, I can list almost as many Republicans as Democrats on the list of wrong-doers! The list of politicians that had wives and girlfriends goes way back on both sides.
Perhaps we do need a party of "Never Re-elect Anyone! I think a lot of people come to their newly elected office with good intentions and are corrupted by the power. "Power Corrupts, Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely."
For some reason I have a headache today. I think I have the starting of the cold that Barbara has had for about a week now. She got it from one of her students (Duh!) and now I think I am starting to get it. Stuffy nose and a headache. No sore throat. (Yet!)
The other day I was at Tecumseh South and a young girl came running out on the playground. There was an empty Gatoraid bottle on the ground by the trash can and she kicked it out in the playground area. I called her back over and had her pick it up. She was reluctant until I told her that we all needed to be responsible for our environment. If you walk past a bottle on the ground and don't pick it up you forfeit your right to be indignant about trash on the ground. I think this is one of the reasons I hate smokers that throw their butts on the ground around the doors at work. How much more would it take to put their butts in a container or to tear them up and put the filters in the trash. Kill yourself by smoking if you want, but don't make my place look like an ashtray. No, take your smoking outside and someplace else so I don't have to be subjected to the smell. How many times have you walked past a group of smokers and are almost overcome by the smell? Don't they realize how bad they smell. It just kills me to pass a group of teenage girls and smell perfume and cigarette smoke at an equal amount of stink. Yes, I am a reformed smoker and am fully aware that I polluted the air for my share of time.
Well, remember the quote about doing things for yourself. Mom just called and the remote on her new 42 inch HD Plasma TV didn't work. God only knows what button she hit. I reminded her that she can turn it on manually and that worked for now. I am going to the store in a little while and will stop by there and make it all better. (Trip 1 of many) What I need is a simple remote not a God Gun that does everything and requires a degree in computer programming (or at least eyes good enough to read the fine print)
Better go save Mom from herself. I also had to put batteries in her atomic clock (and set it?) Mom couldn't tell it wasn't running.
Smile and keep a good attitude.
MUD