3/20/2007

I hate War and Love Peace

No one is more willing than I am to lay down my life in the pursuit of liberty for others. I dedicated 31 years of my life to defending your right to stand up and say you also hate war. I would ask that you understand that I tell you that peace isn't something that spontaneously breaks out and happens. If there is some short instance where it showed up, mankind probably screwed it up by starting another war. I think if you honestly look at history not fairy tales you will see that peace is mostly established after wars and no country has spent more to rebuild other countries than the US has after two world wars.
The war in Iraq isn't about oil, it is about Saddam's stopping the UN from conducting inspections for weapons of mass destruction. His forces constantly fired on US aircraft enforcing the no fly zones and the intelligence agencies world wide said he had weapons and needed stopped. All he had to do was open the joint for inspections and everyone would have been happy.
I heard that all we have to do is sit down and talk to other countries and we could have peace. Until we figure out how to stop AIDS in Africa, peace isn't going to happen. Until we figure out how to reunite Korea and share the prosperity, peace isn't going to happen. Until the Muslim communities stop their hatred within their own religion peace isn't going to happen. I think the only thing that will ever unite them is a war with the rest of the world and man that isn't peace.
Let me make it clear that I think this is a pretty great place to live and I refuse to hate the soldiers for doing their job. If you don't like the way things are going, get off your butt and get elected and change things. If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English thank a soldier.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Dennis

4 comments:

  1. A-frikkin-men! Having grown up in a military family (and now serving in it for life I might add) I understand all too well what it is to be touchy when it comes to so-called peaceniks. I remember one time seeing this fellow on TV protesting the war and he had the nerve to say that nothing good has ever come out of it. Apparently he is completely oblivious to the countless men and women who have given their lives so that he could make such a stupid statement and not be SHOT ON SITE! War isn't pleasant but it is a reality and it's not like we can just turn our backs on the agreements we've made with the UN.

    Also, I will be posting some of my photography on my blog soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said MUD, excellent post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to that MUD!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:05 AM

    how about those kiddies walking on this earth, cause some soldier boy had to stick his rifle in some female "newly found friend" you seriously simply refuse to look at you own "kind", you still think osama bombed the twin towers then huh ? Politics is only for those with their wings clipped off, willing to do all for simple cash ! Bush is a bastard and I am not saying all americans suck, I simply refuse to think all americans are alike, including the soldiers, ah well..... I dont mean to start a war here, just felt I had to write back, Paul (from holland)

    ReplyDelete