3/14/2007

My Old Truck

This is a view of the 53 Chevy 5 window that I drive as my daily driver. It has a new V-8 motor, a new 700-R transmission and front disk brakes. I upgraded the steering to rack and pinion so it no longer drives like you are herding sheep. Needs a radio and an air conditioner but nothings perfect.
Tried to take a few pictures last night and had the wrong setting on the camera. The frosted windows this AM is just dew. The big white panels on the bed will hold my "Vote for Petty" as I am running for the local school Board. Last night I had my other love loaded in the bed. It was the recumbent bike I ride as much as I can.
As you can see from this picture, Jezabel, the old 50 ford is still sitting out in the yard. One of these days I may start on her but that's really Barb's call. I probably should raise up the steering wheel and drive a new car under it. When you look at how much a new car costs, fixing up an old one to drive isn't such a bad deal.
MUD

3 comments:

  1. That is a nice looking vehicle. A new car has some advantages at the high end I suppose, but if you can fix up a beater you can save a lot of cash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OR SPEND THOUSANDS AND STILL HAVE A BEATER! I got sucked into the 57 Chevy craze a few years back and spent about 13 grand trying to make it stock when for about 8 I could have had a real dream driver. It is hard to start, gets crappy mileage and is a beast to drive. Oh well
    MUD

    ReplyDelete