5/26/2008

Monday and it is a Holiday?

One of the things about being retired is that Holidays seem a whole lot like any other day. If you don't have to go to work, a day off is well, another day off.

Here in the Heartland, it had been wet and rainy for what seems like weeks. We got a break early last week for a couple of days and I spent them on the driveway fixing the mowers. Seems like all I did for three days is fix mowers and mow. I needed to paint the Valley Brooke house but I also needed to mow. Now that the rain has started there is just no way to paint in the rain. Oh well.

I think I hae convinced Barb to come with me to see the Old Indiana Jones's new movie. It should be fun to see what Hollywood thinks a 60 year old action hero can do. At that age he should be writing a book about his adventures not out having new one's.

Have a great day out there.

MUD

2 comments:

  1. Danny and I went to see the Indiana Jones movie on Saturday. It was far better than Temple of Doom (the only Indiana Jones movie I didn't like) but perhaps not as good as the third. It's quite different from the other movies, but I liked it. I think it is probably as good as the first movie. Watching Raiders now there are some things I'm not quite as impressed with as I once was, but nothing can top the experience of seeing that movie for the first time when I was 9. I hope I'm still getting around half as well at 60 and that I haven't lost my sense of adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:12 AM

    Thank you for your service to our country!

    ReplyDelete