4/18/2009

Rainy Day in Kansas

Barb is off to the zoo bright and early today to work on a project with the Master Gardeners.  She is setting up a booth that talks about beneficial bugs.  I am not sure what this is all about but I think it is a part of the build up to Earth Day next Wednesday.  I think she is doing something that day also.  I have a project for the Master Foods Volunteers and will be busy that day also.

Barb has my laptop with her so she can show the kids a web site that has a spider on it.  Dave will be there in his Best Buy Shirt to talk about recycling and to help barb hook up an air card to the internet.  Best Buy is providing the card that will allow her to hook up from anywhere.  I sure hope she doesn't fall in love with it. I am writing this on her MAC and the lack of a right click button is hard for this old dog.  The edits and corrections are all done from a drop down menu at the top of the page and seems slow.  But you all know how attached the MAC people are to their old technology.  It processes faster even though I know my typing is the slow link in this process.  

We are getting closer and closer to our trip to Spain and Barb is working on the itinerary.  Once we get there we will turn ourselves over to the Reimers and go with their plans.  I am sure that they will have a lot of good things to do and just being with them will be worthwhile.   

This morning I saw that the daughter of one of Barb's co-workers won a Fulbright Scholarship for a year in Germany.  She will teach English and History in a school in Germany.  I think that it is neat that she has this chance.  We have a niece Mandy that spent a year there as an exchange student and we are proud of her accomplishments too.  

OH well, on with the day.

MUD    

  

1 comment:

  1. Spiders? They can be as beneficial as all get out. Just don't let me see them in my house. I kill them dead.

    ReplyDelete