9/11/2009

My Response

The other day I responded to one of the bloggers concerns and I really felt kind of bad. She had a concern and took offense at how a year book company included some pages in her daughter's year book. She did say that perhaps she was making a pretty big deal and asked how I felt. I answered her reply with a list of the concerns I have in this world and listed some of them. Here was that list:
Taxes
Government Spending
Bigger Government
H1N1
Cap and trade
Forced Health Care Bill
Nancy Pelosi in Charge
Harry Reid There
Jostens crap in the back of the year book
Gas Prices bouncing around
Food Quality
Wal*Mart Running out of crap to sell (Except for the fish, I don't buy it there)


Yesterday in the Mail, I got a questionnaire from the White House and now I wonder if we all do have a personal list we need to share with the world. I wonder if there is any common ground in our lives that brings our concerns together. Would it be a good list or 200 million lists all over the place.

One thing I am very aware of is that while the MG and I share a list of common things we are concerned about, our processes of fixing those problems is very diverse. She and the President feel that there just isn't any problem that Government can't fix if we want it fixed. I think they both view Government as the holder of truth and the American way.

Let me make you painfully aware that because they see things different doesn't mean that they are wrong and my different attitude doesn't make me right. A big, strong Government to ensure the rights of the minority isn't all bad. There is enough room in our system to accept all views and I think I am going to start being more understanding, and still disagree. In fact Barb and I have a saying that there are things where we will agree to disagree.

Part of this strange feeling is that today I am going over to the dark side. After working on General Motors cars and owning almost exclusively GM cars, working for Chevrolet and owning GM stock, today I am going to buy a Ford. We found a nice 2004 Crown Victoria with less than 20,000 miles for a good price. Should be the car we will travel with and enjoy the ride. Sure, it will only get something in the vicinity of 20 MPG but it is very nice. Even if it isn't the last car we will buy, it will be a great donor car if we ever decide to put a great motor in the 50 Ford.

Oh well, I'm going to be on the road for a couple of days. May even show up at the State fair on dollar day. Not sure why, but why not?

MUD

4 comments:

  1. Ford makes a good vehicle. My Hunny loves his little Ranger. It's an '03 and he's put very little into it so far, with hardy return.

    I hear ya with the agreeing to disagree. The older I get, the more open minded I am. Just have to remind myself that there really is evil in the world and that truth is truth no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:42 AM

    I do not recall making the statement that the gov can fix anything. Please note opinions expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of management.
    MG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh MUD...you done got the boss lady riled up...!

    I did that once. Sigh...

    Enjoy your new wheels. You'll like a Ford.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pictures of the new ride please. I have driven many a Ford over the years and no major problems at all, our F150 has 140,000 miles and other than tires, and brakes it has run like a dream.

    ReplyDelete