2/25/2010

Thought for the Day


I received an E-mail message that said we need to kick the asses of people who do not honor our flag, stand up for the National Anthem and wear old worn out Military items. It went on to give the following thoughts:

'It's the Veteran, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press.
It's the Veteran, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
It's the Veteran, not the community organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
It's the Military who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.
'

It is for these reasons, that I know that old vets like me will give their lives to protect the freedom of people to say, print or believe as they may. When we stop standing up for the rights of stupid people that I want someone to start kicking our asses.

I love my country, it is the Government that I'm keeping my eyes on.

MUD
COL (Ret)

1 comment: