5/16/2010

Do Retired Adults Need a Planner?


There are a bunch of things out there in my life that could use a few days worth of work to make them all better. There is a storage room and a garage with junk that with a planned effort would benefit. I do find it easy to spend time here on the computer and write on the blog daily but difficult to program time to do things that could use my efforts.

The other day, Barb said we need to have people over at least once a month so we will spend a concerted effort to clean up the joint. Could not argue with that. I noticed that my "I love me wall" has cobwebs up by the ceiling and looks bad. Oh well, dust bunnies on the floor and cobwebs by the ceiling sounds like a story about old people.

My good friend Harvey sends me jokes from time to time and this is one of the best. (Modified to be one of my tales from the old side) I went to Wal*Mart to buy the usual bag of Old Roy dog food and went to the checkout line. There was a lady there in front of me in the line that asked, "Do you have a dog?" Well, I was just able to resist the temptation to use the line "There's your sign" from Bill Ingvall but I just looked at her and said, "No, it is the Old Roy diet I use. Even though the last time I wound up in the hospital, I still pack my pockets full of the little nuggets and eat them when I get a slight bit hungry. I lose weight every time." She asked me if I had to go to the hospital because the dog food was bad for me. "Heavens no, Old Roy is full of a good balanced nutrition. I was out in the street sniffing a Golden retrievers butt and a car hit us." The guy in line behind us laughed so hard, I thought he was going to have a heart attack.
If you want truth in blogging, write your own stories. Me, I will use every scrap of information I can get.
Until next time.
MUD

1 comment:

  1. Heh! That's a good one, MUD. Thanks for the chuckle...

    ReplyDelete