5/08/2010

Heartland Update

The cool weather set in here and Barb told me that she wasn't going anywhere until it warms up some. It didn't frost last night but I'll bet it was close. Another trip out to get the paper and it is cold.

For the record, the front porch kitty showed up like the bad penny he is. When we got back from Oklahoma, he was here. You would have thought I was the reason he was gone for a week. He followed me and I'm sure he cussed me out in kitty talk. Now, he sounds like he has a sore throat and can't hardly make any noise at all.

Our female black lab, Baby isn't doing well at all. I am pretty sure that she is on her last leg and we'll be down to one black slob soon. Taco is so big that he could be a coffee table. I'm pretty sure that Baby has not been eating and Taco is eating both bowls of food. That'll end soon.

Better get cleaned up, never know when it will get warm enough to go out.

MUD

1 comment:

  1. Hey MUD! Man, it got cold down here too last night.

    I don't think we even hit 75 for a high temp today...and yesterday we hit a "record high" of 90...temps are swinging like wind chimes in a tornado.

    Sorry about Baby. Oh man, the most fabulous animal ever in the Reeves family was our female black lab, Midnight.

    We still miss her, though she died long ago. She was a valiant protector of the family when I was away. And, she was just so danged smart that it was spooky...you could talk to the gal just like a human, and she knew exactly what was up. Spooky.

    I hope Baby goes on in an easy way.

    ReplyDelete