5/29/2010

When is Enough, Enough?

The dichotomy in Government right now is the attempt by one side to legislate the USA to be better than it is. The rest of us are standing on the sidelines trying to make sense out of all the laws we now have. Need to fix immigration, pass a new law. It will be written by a bunch of lobbyist that have their own set of needs and they may not intersect with what the majority of us need. Hell, we have about 140% more laws than we fund now. I think the congress needs to chill out and try to help the executive branch know what to enforce now. At least it would be nice if a Bill goes unfunded for two years it would go away. Each day the piles of paper coming out of Washington grows and the amount of pork flows the money into places we just don't need. There was a Disease Control research center on an island off New York and now it is in Manhattan, KS. Why move it unless they just need to build some new buildings? Follow the money boys and girls.

What does it say when to get a Supreme Court Judge appointed we need to find someone that has not done anything but head up a Law School? Someone so splattered by the decisions of a normal Judge can't stand the scrutiny. What does that say about fairness. Oh, I forgot, life is not fair. I'll be more careful.

I wonder why the Republicans are so outraged about the treatment of Sarah Palen when they have done nothing but coat Hillary with mud all these years. There was a lady from New York in a shuttle van I drove for a Jazz concert that went on and on about Hillary and what a great Senator she was. I asked her one simple question. What has she done for the United States as a Senator? The lady launched into all the accomplishments she had performed for the people of New York. I said that that would have been fine if she was in Albany in the State Senate but doesn't a US Senator have a duty to the country that is greater than to the State they represent?
Her husband thought that I had a good point and the lady said I was impertinent. Typical answer when you are on the losing side of a discussion.

The other day I went to the dollar store to pick up a couple of those sports water bottles for our bikes. I found them at $2.25 @. When I paid for them, the total came to $7.28. I looked at the ticket on my way back to the car and realized that the tax was 53 cents on that purchase. I realized that I had just been charged almost 8 cents on the dollar sales tax. Yes, anything you buy at the dollar store is probably something you really don't need but as I asked in the title for this blog - WHEN IS ENOUGH, ENOUGH?

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment