12/23/2011

Don't Start a Clancy Book right now

A few days back, Barb picked up a book for me at the library.  It is the new Tom Clancy book, "LOCKED ON"  I really want to finish the book, but it seems that every time I sit down to read, something needs done or I fall asleep.  I guess I need to flash to the end and be satisfied if the good guys win and the bad guys loose.


Yesterday, the KU Men's Basketball team played a USC team that stunk up the joint.  in 20 minutes of basketball they scored 13 points.  They tried to speed up the game and threw the ball away 12 times.  Thankfully KU wasn't having their best game either or it would have been a run a way.  As it was, the Hawks got it together in the second half and made a game out of it.  The Big 12 (minus a couple) might get a new champ this year.  I am sure that Baylor, K-State and Missouri would love that.  Especially Missouri would love to hang a banner their last year in the Big 12 (-).  Oh well, it is only a game and there is always a next year.

Last night we invited Mel's mom and her nephew over for pizza.  We had a ball.  Zander is such a fun little guy with a  whole heart full of fun.  I would love to keep him here just to make us smile.  Barb bought him a little Tonka truck that flips and spins and it was so great to see him smile and laugh.  When the battery ran down, Zander got to get out a toy box full of Lego's and Transformers.    Not a dull moment here.


I had been having problems with the lights on the Crown Vic and a dealership told me that it was probably a $500.00 module in the system.  Thank god it was a $80 dollar switch.  I bought a repair manual and found out that all I needed to do was pry the face plate out of the dash and the switch came with it.  About 3 minutes to plug in the wires and it was all good.  Now I will keep an eye on it to make sure it stays fixed.  I hadn't driven it much at night and it was a surprise when it quit.  


Oh well, I hope you all have a great Christmas and a happy new year.


MUD

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you, too MUD!

    I hope you, Barb, Dave, Barb Jr., and the little ones have a joyous, blessed, and peaceful day.

    It's been good riding along with you again this year.

    Love from our fambly to you'rne!

    ReplyDelete