6/02/2012

'Nother great Day

For a couple of years, I have been looking for a good coffee to drink here at Rabbit Run.  I had a Mr. Coffee maker and it made a fair cuppa coffee but nothing that you could brag about.  Well, yesterday it shot craps and I went to Wally World and purchased a new Bunn coffee maker.  That is the brand I see a lot in restaurants so I thought I would give it a trial run.  This morning I am drinking a great cup and I love a nice morning with the paper and a cup of coffee.  I found that Sam's club has a "Fair market" brand of coffee that is about as good as it gets.  Put the two together and I am a happy camper.


Our Son Dave and his wife Barbara have been married 10 years and tonight we are going to a local place to celebrate.  The Master Gardener took pity on me and we are going to pay for the meals an I don't have to cook.  Kind of different.  The place we are using is a Bed and Breakfast and we also have a room there for them to stay overnight.  Hope they have the kind of night they deserve.

I am about to start a project at one of my rental homes and it should be interesting to see how it will all work out.  I have hired a 15 year old to help me pick up trash, do some of the heavy lifting and odd jobs.  He is my daughter-in-laws nephew and a great kid.  I hope to get in touch with more of the kind of things the kids today are in to.  I will do my best to not be the Colonel and try to be the kind of boss that gives good advice and accepts what I get.   We'll see.

Our 'Nother Daughter, Mel, went to one of those "Relay for Life" walks last night and arrived home a little while ago.  I think she thought the walk ended about midnight.  It went on all night and the team had at least one person on the track at all times.  I haven't had a chance to talk to her yet as she drug in about day break and went to bed.  I'll bet she stays there for a while.  Oh well, young people can rebound quick.  It would take me the rest of the weekend to catch up from missing a night's sleep.

I went over to my rental houses yesterday and saw that the renter in the little house has finally got his act together and left.  It looks like we won't have too much work to get it rent ready.  Between his not paying and all the work I'm going to do on the bigger house, I should be in a better position this year for taxes.  

Speaking of life in general, I am not sure if I want to be called a part of the "Golden Boomers"  I think you are only as old as you feel and I am going to do my best to not be one of those that live like they are old.

Oh well, better move on and get another cuppa of that great coffee.  

MUD

1 comment:

  1. MUD, about 7 or 8 years ago, I bought a Bunn coffee machine for my Mom and Dad for Christmas. They have a lot of family gatherings, and it's been used about a billion times.

    Every once in a while, Dad will mention to me how much he loves the coffee maker I bought for them so many years ago. Good purchase, my friend.

    Congrats to Dave and his bride. 10 years does not sound like so much to us older guys, but they're beating the hell out of the stats. Hope they have a fabulous, romantic evening...I did something WAY extravagant on our 10th anniversary that Pam has never forgotten, and still talks about from time to time...Okay, I'd better not get started with my anniversary stories, or I'll never quit.

    ReplyDelete