10/12/2012

Mother's Note

I was going through a pile of things my mother had saved and while it was not clear if this was hers or my Grandmother's note I will reprint it here for you.

Keep On keeping on
If the day looks kinder gloomy and your choices kinder slim,
If the situation's puzzlin' and the prospect's awful grim,
If perplexities keep pressin' Till hope is nearly gone,
Just bristle up and grit your teeth
AND  KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON

Fretin' never wins a fight and fumin' never pays;
There ain't no use in brooding' in these pessimistic ways;
Smile just kinder cheerfully though hope is nearly gone,
Just bristle up and grit your teeth
AND KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON!

From the material written on the back of the poem, this appears to be a part of a church bulletin.  Knowing that my Father's Mother never passed up a chance to go to Church, and that Mother wrote the Minneha Baptist church bulletin for years, it is not clear who cut this out first or who kept it.  Either way, it is kind of fun to see what some people wrote/read to get through tough times.
 
Did you watch the debates last night?  I did and while I wanted to be on Ryan's side, I didn't see a clear winner from either side.  I think it is tough to defend the current policy on the economy and the whole world is on fire.  I think Ryan's closing that made this a clear choice for change was needed and that's the way I feel.  Whatever you think, get out and vote.

MUD
 

No comments:

Post a Comment