11/15/2012

Wastin' Time

I am not sure why, but I always wish time away this time of year.  I am a week away from Thanksgiving and i wish it was tomorrow.  Then I wish a couple of weeks could disappear and it would be Christmas.  I'm sure there is a warm weather location visit in February and the next thing I will want it to be spring.   

The one and only concern I have right now is what the heck our Government will do to straighten out what's broken in the economy.  Things here at Rabbit Run Farms is about as good as it gets and other than minor maintenance issues I am pretty happy.  

The problem with big government solutions to problems is the fact that just when wee think we have the problems licked, the Law of Unintended Consequences kicks in.   To add insult to injury, each party looks for reasons to say it is the other guy's fault.  Never mind, pass an extension on the Debt Limit and move on.  Not the way Dave Ramsey or I would fix it.

I was blown away the other day when I read that our Governor asked Congress to extend the wind energy tax credits for a while.  This is the turkey that wants to exempt us all from taxes, like they will just pay for themselves.  I think wind energy is fine but as the leader of the State he needs to be consistent in his message.  The only thing consistent is his inconsistency.

I am about ready to go shopping and one of the things on my list is a Turkey.  I guess that's what got me to thinking about wishing time was slipping away faster.  Better go.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment