4/12/2013

Controversy

I don't understand how the Conservatives can run around and shout that we have too much Government and don't want more Government Intrusion in our lives and then oppose Abortion.  What a woman wants to do with the advice of her Doctor is not something that I want my Government involved with. 

The Congress is about to mess with the ownership of  legal weapons to help solve the illegal use of guns.  That is to me a lot like cutting off your foot to prevent Athlete's Foot.  People that worry about background checks are going to hate their next physical.  The Doctor's are required to ask us about depression and thoughts of suicide.  Do you think that the Government data bases are not going to flag this when the Affordable (Their Definition) Health Care Bill gets fully implemented?   To help solve the problem of who is going to pay the medical bills, the Congress passed a Camel not a horse.  It is those extra's that will hump those that can pay now into a whole new category. 

Then again, while I sit here and complain, there are a bunch of people that must not care at all.  In our last local election, only 17% of the people got out and voted for the local school board.  92% of the Congress had a failing rating by all the polls and nearly 90% of those running were re-elected.  Either there is 100% disapproval of those that didn't run or the electorate are schizophrenic in their choices.   Your Congressman/woman must suck, mine not so much. 

There is a group of women that are planning a camping trip next weekend and the prediction is rain.  First of all, the weathermen are predicting and I will leave their accuracy alone, but who pays attention to long range forecasts anyway?  In my book, roughing it is not getting a pool side room at the Holidome and having to walk down a couple of halls to get to the pool.  I would think that going to one of their houses and baking cookies and having the chance to chat with tea of coffee would be good enough.  Guys would want to have a bunch of lawn chairs in a garage with a TV and they would be fine. With guys, beer is mandatory, cookies are optional.

Yesterday I ran into one of the most cute young ladies I have seen in a while.  My mind raced through the facial recognition data bases to come up with a name.  I happened to be going the same direction and she walked over to my cousin Kelly Seuell.  Duh, she is Rachel, Kelly's daughter.  It had been a while since I last saw that skinny young girl that is now a beautiful young woman.  Kelly is just back from a cruise and looks great.  We kind of compared notes on the kids and she has three of her kids attending Washburn University.  No new cars for them for a couple of years.   Rachel is seriously looking to teach History in the Middle School.  We wish her well.

The Local paper had an article today about the average pay for the teachers in the surrounding area. Our Shawnee heights (USD 450) has the highest average.  Well Duh, they have the most experienced teachers and they stay there because of the support from the students and parents.   Most of our students live in two parent homes where they get support, 3 square  meals a day and a great community to live in.  Isn't that what we really want for all of our kids?  I contend that we make it difficult for poor families to stay together by making it easier to get aid if they are separated.  Another change I would make in my perfect world. 

With all that said, I will move on and day dream about the way things should be.

Is that a Wal*Mart in the background?


MUD



4 comments:

  1. I will begin with I love you...but you already know that.
    Your post today started in a way that gives me hope for the conservatives in our family. But then you took a turn that shows your age (Poking fun, now).
    You know me well enough to know that, while I do make a mean cookie...and have some salted caramel snickerdoodles planned for tomorrow...my friends and I are not the types to bake and drink tea while the guys sit in the garage. We are an outdoorsy group, men and women, with a gang of kiddos who are looking forward to bike rides, hikes by the lake, some catch with a football, campfires and generally disconnecting from our busy lives for 48 hours or so. If it's too cold we will all be very disappointed and are planning some alternate activities so we can at least spend some time together. I can assure you...there will be no tea, no one will sit in the garage and all baking will be done ahead of time and probably by one of the guys.
    I love you, you crazy old man.
    Jenn
    (disclaimer...everything in this comment is intended to make you smile)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:34 PM

    Hello, this weekend is good for me, as this time i
    am reading this impressive educational piece of writing here
    at my house.

    my website; identi.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, I thought I might get a reply out of you on this. I know that you have an impressive record of going places and doing things out of doors. My point is that far away plaes aren't the only place you can disconnect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:49 AM

    atуchmіаst zmieniał temаt. Unikał poԁοbnie
    d'affichage wzroku rycerza, wpatrując się w swój garniеc mioԁu.

    Pгzedniеgo swoją drogą zаś

    zasługującego na zapotrzeboωаnie. Ryceгz nie nacіskał za.

    Finalnie pо.

    ReplyDelete