4/23/2013

Did You Ever Have One of Those days?

The other day I went out to see if I could get the tow behind mower to work.  It sat outside all winter and it took a little work to get it to run.  It still needs a little time running to blow the crud out of the jets.  But that wasn't the biggest problem.  The little tractor had a flat tire and there is where the real problem started.   Being a bicycle rider, I did have a flat tire repair kit in the kit on the back of the seat.  Guess What happens to rubber cement if you don't use it?  It turns into some thick stuff that no longer has the ability to glue a patch on a tube.   I shot the tire full of fix a flat and got some new glue.

Evidentially there is something in the Fix a Flat liquid that also causes a e patch to fail and I had to drive all over the place to find a tube that fit.  Finally I found one in North Topeka and just as I got home it started raining.  Now the tractor is sitting in the driveway still up on a jack. 

Oh well, it will top snowing someday and perhaps it might even get warm enough to let me get back out and finish the job.  Kind of like the story of most of my projects.  If I have the energy to finish what I started, I don't have the energy to pick up and organize my tools.  Oh well, I know where they are...

MUD

5 comments:

  1. Green Slime is my friend. I use it in all my mower tires. 8 oz in the smaller ones, 12 oz in the bigger ones. When ever they get another leek, I just add another 4 to 6 oz. Slime has kept me from the tire repair shop for 10 years now. I buy it by the gallon at Tractor Supply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With 2 Google accounts, they sometimes get mixed up, The Aunt Sue account wasn't the one I was intending to use. Ray I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:29 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ray, I have used slime on occasion. I have a lot of black locust trees here and I pick up a lot of stickers. I am currently using a lot of tube type tires and haven't found a good thing to repair the tubes when I use slime or "Fix a flat" I spent a couple of hours trying to get a patch to hold and finally had to give up and buy a new tube. Oh well, Hope we can get out and do something later on this week. Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:28 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete