4/15/2013

Funny Dog Stories

As you could tell from the post yesterday, I was dog sitting with Waldo over the weekend.  Here are just a few of the things that were fall down funny that happened during his visit.

Yesterday there was a Basketball game between the San Antonio Spurs and the LA Lakers.  I didn't really want to watch the game but from time to time I would swing by the channel to see the score.  Evidentially there was just the right amount of moisture in the air and the players squeaked a lot as they stopped and started.  Every time that happened, Waldo would jump up and run over under the TV and look up.  He must have been able to hear the noise much better than I could. 

Barb has a "Bird Clock" on the wall in the living room.  When the birds sang at the top of each hour, It would wake up Waldo and he would dash over by the clock. 

About 1:15 on Saturday, Barbara needed to go over to the Library for a Green Fair as a part of her Master Gardener duties.   I left Waldo in the house for the short time I was gone.  He managed to set off the ADT system by barking.  At least they didn't call the Police to come out and see what the problem was.

Last night right after it got dark, I took Waldo out for a walk.  As we crossed the area Barb calls the orchard, I kicked one of the plastic coffee cans Barb uses to water the trees.  The noise scared Waldo and he took off running.  He was so fast that it jerked the control handle for the retractable leash out of my hand.  About the time Waldo go on the rock part of the driveway, here came the leash winding up the excess cord.  He thought he was about to be had by something and he took off even faster.  He final slowed down as he approached the house and I was able to catch him.  He went inside and he shook for at least 15 minutes.

When I told Barb about that, she told me that yesterday a big Owl flew on the patio and grabbed one of the big squirrels and ate him in a nearby tree.  I guess it does suck to be a part of the lower food chain.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment