4/04/2013

Jes' Listenin'

I am not sure if it is my "Cheapness" or the fact that I don't buy many new CD's, but I find listening to YouTube meets my needs pretty well.  The really good news is that I can go from one type of music to another pretty easily.   I am pretty sure that my ADD is part of what helps me be able to listen and still write on the blog.  About 5 PM each day, our ABC affiliate here in Topeka has jeopardy.  I find that I can answer the questions better when I am not trying to find the answers and just working on the computer.  I just let my mind go to the answers wherever they reside.  My parents could not understand how i could listen to music and study.  It blocked out them complaining about the music.  One thing I could do really well in the Military was listen to multiple radios and keep the traffic somewhat straight. 

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.  For some reason I keep wanting to re-write this to put the courage to change the things I must first and use the word strength.   Or add some half assed comment on the end.  Typical of my sense of humor and memory to make things filter them the way I want them to be.  If I could just remember the word serenity I could find this on line whenever I want.

Today is the day I will get a new computer.  My son, Dave and I will go to Kansas City and purchase the shell , processor and motherboard for what I hope will be the best computer I can find.  No, I want it just to be a better one than the one I am using. (Put those two words together and the dictionary program just laughs and leaves it alone as in amusing)  It will still be my travel computer and the new one will be a desktop.  I am at least going to have a bigger screen and I know it will have Windows8.  I won't be able to scroll  from screen to screen by Touch but I had a smart phone and I have that out of my system..



When time comes to get down to business and "unhit that fan load" of manure it is often better to have a leader rather than a manager.  Managers can often plan to load up that fan but not so good at the clean up.

Did you notice that I am from time to time sneaking one of those old sayings I have come to love. May not mean much to you but I like 'em.

Better go get cleaned up and quit looking like a bum.  

Pretty but Scruffy.
 This deer showed up last fall with one leg all banged up.  She made it through the year but she looks like I do before my morning ablutions.  (Look that one up if you need to find the meaning) 

MUD
 

No comments:

Post a Comment