6/05/2013

Good Morning

Today it is raining here in the heartland and I'm going to take a day off. I'm also writing this blog today on Dragon my voice recognition software program. So far it seems to be working about as fast as I can type but that's not a real great thing. At least it smells better than I do when it recognizes the words properly.

Is there something in the air that's causing things to break or is it just me. Yesterday the air conditioner fan on the Ford stopped working .I went to the parts store and replaced the fuse and the relay. Neither fix worked. I'm not sure what my next step will be as there is a fairly complicated the controls the temperature and the fan speed. The other problem could be that the fan has just stopped working and that will entail major repairs .the other thing that  stopped  working today was the hot water heater. Actually it is the preheater is we have to in-line hot water heaters. My solution is to remove the for the first theater and just have  one 30 gallon hot water heater.  We had two heaters in line because of the size of the hot tub in the master bathroom. We really don't normally use that much hot water.

This morning started early with a VA visit . it was to check my hearing after years of abuse from many sources . it started with my time in the military and the VA will keep looking at my hearing unless or until I need hearing aids . So far my right ear is okay, but my left ear is on the decline. the audiologist has offered a trial for a hearing aid in my left ear but she also commented that most people that have the same hearing I have stop using it after a while . I think I'll wait for a couple years and then try the hearing aid test .

While at the VA I met Sgt. Maj Reveles.  He was there visiting  his son who is suffering from hepatitis  and poor circulation in his legs. I am sure from the reception I got that he needed someone to talk to.  The nice thing is that we share a fairly common feeling about the people we knew in the Guard.  We had our share of turkeys and nice guys.

Well it looks like the dishes are done so I can start on the hot water heater project. I'll write more tomorrow .

Mud

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:29 PM

    Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that
    it is really informative. I'm going to watch out for brussels. I'll be
    grateful if you continue this in future. A lot of people will
    be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

    Here is my homepage ... Hello 3Gp video

    ReplyDelete