6/12/2014

Another Blast from the past

I think this was about 1500 of the 2600 posts I have written.  Here it is:

Every year as one sports season ends, there are winners and losers. Coaches that have done a good job in seasons past are fired for not winning all the games at the end of the current season. All I can say is "Get Over Yourself". At least at the college level, most of the kids are students and athletes and they perform to help pay for their education. Think back a couple of years and try to remember if your favorite team winning or loosing really made a difference in your life. For every Bill Self who's table is full of talented players, there is a coach who will win a bunch of games on the play of his team. Hell, there are probably some teams whose talent pool is full and have a losing season.

Yesterday I found myself thinking that I would have coached the border showdown different had I been in charge. Such hubris to even think that I might have gotten the team to where they are. Kind of like the War in Iraq, I wouldn't have ended it the way it was done, but would I have really taken it to the same place had I been in charge? Oh Boo Hoo Dennis, pull up your panties and move on. My daughter-in-law says pull up your big girl panties and deal with it. You get the message either way, Right?

I ventured out into the shopping world yesterday and found that it looked a lot like a regular Saturday here in the Heartland. If there is a recession, a lot of people are not participating. Or, there is a lot of people shopping on credit. You should see the looks I get when I pull out good old cash to pay for my purchases. In fact, I had a couple of clerks looking at the cash register to see how to give me my change. How dare I actually give them the right change or give them 22 dollars for a 12 dollar purchase so I can get back a 10 instead of a bunch of one's. I swear that one clerk wanted to give me 10 one's because she was out of 5's. No, give me that 10 there in the drawer like the register says. No, I won't cheat you any more than I would let you cheat me.

Barb went to Lawrence yesterday and said that at 2:30 the place was empty. I asked her why and she said the game was on. Duh Dennis! I was home watching the game and I guess there were a lot of others doing the same thing. Oh well, this is where I started this whole post. I had better quit before I find myself doing it all over again.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment