6/26/2014

Watching TV

I had never binge watched a TV series and the other day the TV listed the top three series often watched.  I realized that I had never seen even one show in any one of the series.  Over the years, I have watched enough of the series Law and Order to have seen all of the shows and probably I have seen all of the series Major Crimes but I wouldn't sit down and watch all of the shows nearly back to back.  Makes me wonder if my preconceptions have kept me from reading or watching things that many others have. 

I am a fairly confident person and in most cases, enjoy controlling what I do.  I am sure that I am a creature of habit and where does your life take you because of the law of, "Do what you did and you will get what you got."   The other day I noticed a new restaurant near Washburn University.  I pointed it out to Barbara and she told me I could try it and report back to her what I found.  I guess I am a little more adventurous than she is.  It has been pointed out that I mimic my Dad's habit of driving a different route when I go places.   I have been to Idaho several times and only when I drove myself  did I go on any route but I70 and I-80. 

This week I have been helping my son get his In-Law's new house in order.  We have turned what was a dark chocolate cave into a light airy house.  There will be new carpet installed soon and that should finish the transformation.  There are a few minor things I have been working on but they are just minor things that I can do with my bucket of tools.  I need to finish painting the bathroom and figure out what is keeping the light in the laundry room from working.  I put up a new fixture in the kitchen and moved the old kitchen fixture that worked downstairs.  Oh well, minor things and I will work it out.

The other night, the movie, "The Green Mile" was on for the umpteenth time.  Near the end of the part where Tom Hanks is the lead guard on the Green Mile, he talks to John Coffee about alternatives.  It struck me that John's description of how the negative thoughts hurt him and his brain is a lot like the feelings I have when I watch the news.  The hate and divisiveness going on both in the USA and the World just takes the fun out of things.  The congress has an approval rating near 15% and the news carried a discussion that an old Republican beat a Tea Party guy only with the help of the cross over Democrats.  Talk about shooting ourselves in the foot(s).  OK Feet but none the less this all sucks.  We need to throw them all out and start over.  Surely what makes sense out here in the real world makes sense in Washington if we had new faces there.

Oh well, better get on with my day.  Seems like I will be over 300,000 hits this summer.  Thanks for reading along with my life.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment