7/19/2014

Plumbing

I really don't mind fixing plumbing except that it is generally in places where I can't get at it.  When we bought the house that Dave lives in, I had no idea how much trouble PEX lines could be.  There is a complex of lines under the bathroom floor that seem to leak at will and it takes hours to crawl under there and fix them.  No matter how hard I try, the PEX connections always seem to have a drip or two after the repair.  I laid in the mud for about 6 hours over two days to get this mess fixed.  Other than digging a basement so I can stand up while doing the repairs, there doesn't seem to be a good fix.  I even invested almost $50 dollars in a crimper that puts the PEX clamps on securely.  It works with varying degrees of success,  One clamp will hold tight and another will drip.  Dang it is frustrating.

Once I learned the secret of soldering copper pipes. I would never do an installation of PEX.  All I will do is fix old places as they start to leak.  One of these days I will have to replace Dave's Air Conditioning system and at that time I will need to find a better way to gain access.  Not sure how but it does need done.  One thing I need to do is to improve the ventilation under there as minor leaks and the AC condensation keep it way too wet. 

The other day I heard an old joke that really happened to me in the 4th grade.  The teacher at the end of the year told us that one person in our room wasn't going on to the 5th grade.  Dang, I knew that after getting a grade card full of D's I had flunked fourth grade. (D's were for Denny) She then laughed and told us that she was the one that would be in the 4th grade next year.  Scared the crap out of me.  I should have known that teachers were notorious for giving me D's so they wouldn't get me next year.  I could get good grades on the tests but I hated homework.   Oh well...

I guess it is time to send my camera back in to Nikon for service.  It doesn't seem to be working.  I can get the camera to link up to transfer pictures through the cord.  It will save pictures on an SD Card but it doesn't seem to want to charge properly. 

Oh well, on with the day.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment