7/22/2014

Screw Globally, I'm going to act Locally

At least for today I will try to do my best to not even think about the world and the big problems, I am going to focus on local issues right here at Rabbit Run.  I started out fixing breakfast and then cleaned the driveway off.   I am about to get cleaned up and go to the rental house to change the locks.  Our renter threw her husband out and wanted to feel a lot more secure so she asked me to change the locks.  I will throw in the labor but she did pay me for the locks.

Yesterday we had a visitor that has been here before but not for month or so.  There is a silver grey kitty that shows up once in a while.  He was a pretty regular visitor for about a week and then not for a month.  Barb  and I assumed that he had been found by some varmint and fell victim of the food chain rule of order.  I would put up a cat house and feed it if it would stay but Barb thinks all I do is attract other critters.  Between the squirrels, raccoons and possums we don't really need any more visitors.  If I could encourage something to eat the squirrels, I would attract them as much as possible. 

For one of the few times this year, I played hooky and didn't go sing with the Barbershop guys.  Just wasn't able to get my degree of give a darn high enough to get cleaned up and go.  Not sure why, just didn't practice the songs so I thought it would be a waste of my time.   I will try to go to the Sunday sing out this next Sunday.  We do four or five songs and rotate what church we sing at.   I won't be here for the August Sunday sing and two out of three isn't bad.

Better get up off my duff and get a few things done here at home.  Have a great day out there.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment