9/09/2014

Incredulus land

There are days where either I am completely out of touch or there are a lot of people that don't see things the way I do.  I am glad to live where we have written laws and procedures that protect us from the stupid.  The sad part is there are people out there right now that are making up stuff as fast as they can and most of that is done for the publicity. 

In Today's paper, there is a picture of our acting Police Chief and Sheriff (Both black) talking about the death of a white police officer shot and killed over the weekend.  I look at that as a part of the necessary communication two police forces need to have as they keep law and order in our city.  I don't see it as two black men doing anything but their job.  I am proud that I live in a city where that can be done without people shouting racism or any of the other stupid messages on the news.  We are sad that we have lost three police officers in less than 2 years here in the heartland. 

I wonder how many young black men lost their lives in Detroit, Chicago, New York City, Atlanta and Washington, D.C. over the weekend?  That tragedy should unite us all in the need to work on our country and leave the Muslim's to solve their own problems.  How many dollars, years and countries have been sucked into fighting for Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan?   Is 7 million dollars a day enough or too much? 

We want to go over and build protection for countries that we don't like and yet our southern border is a Swiss cheese of  a border. Oh, by the way, they don't love us either. We can't figure out if we are going to deport, import or just forgive all those that are here. 

Back to where I started, it is the law that we can't just go back and make up laws to punish people who do stupid things.  What we do today is not retroactive and once you have been punished, once is enough.  I think Ray Rice is an idiot who hit his wife.  No doubt about it when she charged at him in that elevator, he gave her a left hook that knocked her out.  He was a thug doing a stupid thing.  With that said, once the football Commissioner suspended him for two games, that was the punishment for both of them for jumping the gun.  What would it have hurt if they had waited for all the facts to come out.  Make a new rule that talks about conduct and or enforce that provision in his contract but in all fairness, isn't what we are doing just a lynching in the media? 

Years ago, I was at Summer Camp and my Sergeant Major came to me with a couple of pistol belts that were found near a gun battery position we were now in.  Those positions had been manned by a sister battalion the days prior to our moving in.  I looked in the ammo pouch and found a belt of live ammo for an M-60 machinegun.  I had my Sergeant Major take that to the Sergeant Major of the other unit.  About the time my Sergeant Major started to the other battalion's area, I got a call on the land line from the unit who was near those Pistol belts.  It seems that they belonged to one of my men and not the other unit.  I called my Sergeant Major back so there was no harm and no foul there.  I jumped the gun and in that case should have been a lot more careful to not point a finger at anyone else.

Incidentally, the year before, a unit at Fort Sill had been practicing an ambush and one of the soldiers there had used live ammo instead of blank ammo and some soldiers had been killed.  When the two soldiers of my unit came to my headquarters, I almost cried telling them of the loss of soldiers at Fort Sill.  I asked them what would their families have said if someone had used that ammo on them and I had to send them home in a body bag?  (or several)   I was speechless for at least an hour after that. 

That is a lot how I feel this morning when I think about things that are being said and done when there are such bigger and more bad things going on.  When we complain about a few priceless items in the trash just being thrown away, why don't we think about the cost of the entirety.   

How can we complain that we don't have a Christian in the White house when we profess to be a Nation where Freedom of Religion is the Rule of Law?    If you can answer these questions, send me a note written on a $50.00 dollar bill and I will take the time to read it.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment