9/04/2014

Just a note

As I stopped writing I hit on the publish button and then the view blog button.  As I often do, I hit the next blog button and it took me to a site that was almost three years old and seriously not up to date.  In fact, the author went to a video of a reported meeting with Davy Crockett and one of the farmers in his district as he campaigned.  The farmer was highly pissed at Davy as he had voted to appropriate $20,000 to the people of Georgetown after a fire had burned down several houses.  The farmer said it was not the congress's job to spend money they had control of to lessen the suffering of a small group when all have problems. 

I wonder what would be the attitude of that farmer today when he see the congress not only spending the money they have control of but the money they don't even have.  Common sense would tell us that in the time of war or major depression, the congress might have the ability to raise money to lessen the suffering of the people or to Support and Defend the Constitution but not to spend more than they have for other purposes. 

As the elections get nearer, I intend to pass a message to those "Good Old Boys" running for re-election.  As a part of the 25% of the eligible voters that get off their butt and vote, I intend to vote for new people in congress.  In short, I will "Not Re-elect Anyone."   If you vote, good for you.  If you don't vote, shame on you.  Think about the 14% approval rating of congress and the high percentage of those that get re-elected.  Something is wrong there and I for one intend to start a move to change it.

MUD 

No comments:

Post a Comment