9/04/2014

Thursday in the heartland

When you reach retirement, a lot of the days look a lot alike.  One of the bases I touch to make sure of the day is the newspaper.  Yesterday's paper had to spend an hour or so spread out on the table to let it dry so I could really know what day it was.  Because it had a bunch of Ads, it had to be Wednesday but the news was still hard to read until it was dry.  (I seldom read the Ads)

Last night, we stopped on our way home from picking up our Daughter-in-Law from work and bought a rotisserie Chicken.  We deboned that critter and made enchiladas.  It had been a while since we had done that and it sure was good.  Throw in a side of veggies and a small slice of watermelon and we were good to go.  The only bad thing is that I haven't figured out a way to make enchiladas without making a giant mess.  I know that many people want granite counters but for me, I want a stainless steel food prep area.  We'll see what rolls out this fall.  There will be some changes but not sure what yet.

What are the group dynamics in your family?  Right now my family is fairly stable which makes us fairly dull and boring.  I tell people that if they hear juicy things about me, to spread them around.  At my age, I am so dull and boring I need all the publicity I can get.  To give you an idea how dull and boring, all day yesterday I did laundry and read a book.  (Until we made enchiladas)  Then I promptly had a nap and watched TV the rest of the evening.  Exciting times a Rabbit Run.

How do you react to E-Mails that are just wrong?  The Music director of our Barbershop Group seems to write things people ask him without really thinking about them.  For some reason I just can't sit on my hands and not fire a shot across his bow.  Mother always said I never could "Suffer fools Gladly."  and after writing Military e-mails, I don't mince words and most of what I write is way too direct. 

Once upon a time, I had a friend share with me a military writing program.  In addition to the spell checker, it also told me at what level I was writing.  I tended to write things at a higher level than it recommended and I mixed my tenses, a lot.  Now thanks to spell checker, I can get things spelled right but write to keep in the game.  I am not sure how long I can make sense to even the likes of me, but I will stay with it for a while.  I am pleased to see that the visit counter keeps climbing but based on what I see on other blogs that may just be the result of everyone else stopping their blog writing.  Shouldn't the system stop putting yours up after a year of not writing?  Oh well, here is today unashamed boat load. 

Have a great day.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment