3/19/2015

Stupid is as Stupid Does.

In an effort to help us understand that working together is the best way to live, Starbucks is having their people write on the coffee cups.  Many people are up in arms about it.  I don't buy their coffee because I find it too strong and expensive.  I don't boycott, I vote with my feet.  I would encourage you to do the same. 

This last week, a black friend of mine and I were discussing how tough it is to grow up as a kid in a blended family.  Heck, he and I both found it tough to grow up in a regular 2 parent family.  He currently has a young son that is his fiance's child by another person.   He and I agree that anyone that doesn't love a child exclusive of the parentage is just missing out on what makes life fun.  He is kind of afraid to encourage the kid to call him Daddy but he thinks it is great to come home from work and have the kid cry out, "Daddy's Home."  The real father of that child has weekend visits but often is too busy to come over and pick up the kid.   His loss.

This is the 50th anniversary of my High School graduating class.  I have mixed emotions about going to the reunion.  Mostly the people that wil be there are kids that I went to school with from Kindergarten through High School.  Gotta Run.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment