6/06/2015

Rain Again


Four Inches of rain fell on Rabbit run last night.  It stormed to beat the band twice and the Direct TV and COX cable both gave up the ghost.  The TV is back but the Cable and phone are both still out. We have electricity and a cell phone so we are not totally without.  This morning I went to the Dairy to get some milk and you could see where the water was over the road between here and there.  I will probably stay home most of today and read a book.

Last night after dinner we made a library and junk food run.  Barb was out of books and chocolate.  I have developed a sweet tooth but I like it really in ice cream.  There are now ice cream sandwiches with chocolate ice cream and those little mini cones with chocolate ice cream dipped in chocolate.  Yummy.

As I was sitting at the dining room table reading the paper this morning, I heard a strange rumble that sounded like it was coming from downstairs.  I went into the storage room and I could hear the sump pump running.  I looked down in there and it seems that a rock was blocking the float and it couldn't go down enough to shut off.  I am glad to have been there when it happened.  I guess that is another one of those maintenance things I need to look into.

One of the things I need to do is go up and get Dave's mower and see why the blades aren't working as well as they should.  Dave said he did hit a piece of wood the last time he mowed.  I think there is either an alignment problem of a bearing going out.  I won't be able to tell until I get it home and drag the mower deck out from underneath.  It is a lot of work but not so technical that I can't do that.  I need to also fix the roof on Dave's Shed sometime.  I will need to pull off the shingles and replace at least one of the sheets of sheathing.  I just hope I don't to fix all of them.  Oh well, I can always hire the nephew to climb the ladder. 

Oh well, going to close this here and save it in word processing for addition when the cable is back up.

MUD

Note - This is posted a day late as the Modem from the Cable Co died.  I too k the old one in and they gave me a new one to install.  All is good now.    MUD 

No comments:

Post a Comment