3/12/2016

Heart Attack City

With the hawks ahead by 16 points, Bill Self put in dang near all the subs to give them some playing time in last night's Conference game against Baylor.  I am pretty sure that Baylor took it as a snub and played their butts off.  The result was that Coach Self had to reinsert his starters to preserve the win.  I put the following note on Facebook:   NOTE TO COACH BILL SELF - Most teams will replace their starters throughout the game one or two at a time.  Replacing them all at once is deleterious to the health of your fans.  I almost had a heart attack! 

The game with Oklahoma against Iowa State was one of the best games I have seen all year.  The Buddy Hield show was one of greatness.  Watching the counterpoint by Georges Niang was so much fun.  Watching the West Virginia shut down of Buddy last night was a total downer.  Great coaching by West Virginia but a lousy game to watch.  I wonder what WV will have in store for the Hawks this afternoon. Makes me wonder what the selection committee will do with the WV and OK teams on Sunday?  I think WV played themselves into a number two seed.  OK should fall to a three.  One thing sure is that there are coaches all over the nation hoping that West Virginia doesn't show up in their bracket.

We have been talking to a guy about buying his Toyota.  He doesn't seem to be very savvy of ways to do business.  He shot us a high bid and we low balled him.  He didn't even look for a bid in the middle, he just went away.  Then he has been in touch with us on e-mail and we re-bid right in the middle.  He responded by asking where I bank.  I told him that I will be able to bring a certified check when and if we buy the car.  He sent an e-mail that he will sell the car on Saturday and wanted to know if we banked downtown.  I am not sure if the language barrier is getting in the way of doing this job.  If he would set up a visit about 10 or 11 AM, we can go to my bank and get a certified check and have the bill of sale and title notarized.  Oh well.

This darned conference tournament has my days all mixed up this week.  I guess it is Saturday.  We did get a little moisture last night but nothing like what is going on east and south of here.  We will take all the light rain mother nature wants to give us.

Better get rolling.

MUD




No comments:

Post a Comment