5/06/2016

In My Perfect World

Every once in a while, I wax political and try to explain the convoluted thoughts going on in my world.  I know that the majority of us are the product of where you grew up and every waking moment thereafter.  I once had a really smart person tell me that if you really want to change behavior, the person you want to change must have a Significant Emotional Event (SEE).  If you want to measure SEE's you can start with combat on one end of the scale.  The sleep without dreams is at the other end.  Don't be surprised if I have a lot of pride in my country and a lot of strong feelings on what it is we should do.

Were I in charge, I am pretty sure that my somewhat conservative side will show and I don't really have a lot of reason to apologize for it.  There are a few things I would change if I could and here are just a few.

Hey MUD, what do you think of abortion?   I have no ability to have one and think that a lot of people have worried that problem almost to death.  I think there is a Federal Law and that says all I need.  If you really don't like it, stand up and say so.  If a State doesn't like it, they need to pass a law.  If it stands up through the State Supreme Court, That is what should be legal in that State.  Leave me out of it.  Why on God's Green Earth would you or any reasonable man want the Federal Government making decision about what goes on between a woman and her doctor.

Gun Control is mentioned in the Second Amendment of the Constitution.  Don't mamby pamby around the issue.  If you want to change what is written, start a Change of the constitution and pass it like the law states.  For over 200 years, the law said guns were OK and that's good enough for me.

Freedom of Religion.   Guess what, I don't care how you celebrate you god or not.  The words to me mean that if I and a bunch of people want to have "In God We trust" on our money, it should not really cause you to change how you act out your religious beliefs.  I promise you that I won't try to change how you celebrate Kwanza or your religious holidays. (If I could only spell Honnika and get it past spell checker)

Now, don't confuse me with one of those people that want there not to be any change at all.  Just like times change, our laws need to change.  What I ask is that if there are changes in laws that there needs to be some simple truths told by the people changing the laws.  If a law is more than about three pages, it is way to comprehensive to be any good for the common man.  Laws should also have a sunset laws to go along with them.

Were I in charge, one of my cabinet members would be Dave Ramsey.  He has a few simple rules that would fundamentally change what we do.  His rule about spending less than you take in should be written on the hand of anyone that spends money.  I support about any program that employs men and women in such a manner they can hold up their heads and feed their family now or in the future. 

Oh well, it is getting late and I am pretty sure that I will never be in charge of the world.

MUD


 

No comments:

Post a Comment