5/24/2016

Rained out again

I woke up this morning about 3 AM to thunder for a rain cloud passing by the area.  I guess it is a good thing I don't have any plans for the outside today as it is again too wet.    I did pick up a book at the Library yesterday but when I got it home, I realized I had read it.  Dang I hate it when that happens.

Last night at our Chorus Practice, I found out that I will be the only baritone singing this next Monday when we sing for the Memorial Day Ceremony.  No terrible big deal but I do need to work on some of the words of the Armed Forces Medley.  There are a few places where the words seem to go by faster than my memory allows.  I'll show up and do my best but that will have to be well enough.

This morning I did wake up early and the Movie "Rhapsody in Blue" was on.  Made me really understand what a great composer Gershwin was.  Compared to his talent, we are all hackers.   I will just have to settle to listening to his great songs.   The part of Ira Gershwin was played by the father of Alan Alda, aka Hawkeye on Mash.  He did show up in one episode of Mash and I thought it was interesting to see father and son years apart.

I will stop in the Doctor's office today for a blood pressure check.  I went off the new medicine and back on the old stuff for a week.  We'll see if the old stuff is good enough to keep my pressure in check.  For some reason the new stuff and I just didn't get along as well.  I fell off a ladder because I was way to dizzy.  Yes, I know I should not have been up there but I forget that I am 68 and the memories of adequacy still haunt me. 

Well, again I have reached the limits of my competency in writing so I'll just sign off again.  See you on the flip flop.

MUD


No comments:

Post a Comment